Friday, December 13, 2013

How to capture time laps video of car ride or my drive to the office in one minute

Yesterday one of my friends in Azerbaijan posted a picture in Facebook, how was awful to drive in snowy conditions in Azerbaijan and called it hell. It gave me an idea to show him how my daily drive is. And I do not call it hell. Hell might be too hot, it is COLD...

video

For information road is 22 km and takes me 25-30 minutes to drive. I take back roads, therefore what you see in the video is rural areas. It was -18 C in the morning.

Now is the way how I did it. When I decided to do that I thought about a camera to capture a time laps. But after seeing the price I changed my mind. It was over $100. Then I remembered that I have an iPhone with camera))). Started looking for an app. And found different ones. Decided to go with the cheapest one and choose Miniatures which is for free. Then an issue for me was to mount my phone in the car. I was not going to buy it. Googled it and found that I can mount my phone to rear view mirror by rubber bands which you can find in every office. So, having an iPhone with the app and rubber bands in hand I took this time laps. Just do not forget to switch your iPhone to air plane mode to avoid disruptions. Let me know if you have any questions. And sorry for the quality, it is my first time laps.

A disclaimer: DO NOT DO THAT IF YOU CANNOT DRIVE WITHOUT LOOKING AT REAR VIEW MIRROR!

No comments:

Post a Comment