Thursday, August 29, 2013

Getting older or today I am 31

It does not mean that my new goal is purchasing a plane)))

I am getting old. Today I am 31. As I wrote a year ago, I usually have mixed feelings on my birthdays. I try to look at the past and make some kind of analysis. A year ago I was satisfied that I reached to my two major strategic goals (CPA and Canada). But now I am looking back and thinking "Did I set right gaols?"... Before immigration I never thought that I am so patriot... But here patriotism became stronger. My friends and my wife noticed it several times. I am always proud that I am a Turk. But never valued customs and culture we have. Started feeling that I am turning to a very conservative person. And that is major sign of old ages...)))
Now is the positive part:

"Today is my birthday, a special day,
 Just for me, just for me,
 Today is my birthday a special day,
 So come everybody sing with me.

 My friends will come, we’ll dance and play,
 And have a lot of fun,
 The sun is out
 And I am glad,
 My day has just begun!"

It is a song from BabyTV my kids love it and we listen it very often. Singing it from this morning...))))

P.S. Today Morning I got an e-mail from Ernst&Young again. It made me happy. Eighth time they congratulate me on my birthday! Amazing)))) Thanks to great company made by great people!

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Kuzmich! :)
    Have you tried airplane?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are becoming more patriotic in immigration, it is true. We always try to keep in our mind only good memories. Bad memories are quickly forgotten.
    Up to me it is still better to watch the life in my native country being abroad (especially in such country as Canada).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a long way in the last 5 years, and have achieved a lot - a lot more than many people achieve throughout their entire lives. Those goals may seem unimportant now, but that is only because you have already achieved them. What you should do now is to set new goals and achieve even more. Sky is the limit, mate:)

    And yes, years are making us more conservative. As the saying goes, "If you are not rebellious at 20, you don't have a heart. If you are not conservative at 40, you don't have a brain." With the proper brains that we have, it is quite natural that we are turning conservative. That's the rule of life.

    Happy Birthday, mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Man!
      My concern is not unimportancy of the goals. I'm questioning rightness of them right now))) One of my friends here said me that I'm too self-critic... Looks like is absolutely right!
      I became conservative at 30s so you mean I am 10 year ahead?)))

      Delete