Sunday, June 17, 2012

Changes...

Looks like it is a time to write down why I was not writing last 1,5 months. Lest keep sequence and start from beginning.

As I already wrote I was employed at Alberta Health Services starting from December 15, 2011. Why was? Because my temporary contract that was until end of March and then prolonged finished at early May. I was unemployed for a week and then June 14, 2012 started with Alberta Investment Management Corporation as a temporary senior fund accountant. Again I was employed through agency and this time I was also paid more. Why was? Because I left them after tree weeks. Why? There are several reasons. When I was interviewed I had been told that it is boring job, where you are doing same things every day. To be honestly, I had no other choice and I do not mind doing routine job. But I have not been told that the situation in the department is stressful. Stress plus routine job made my life for three week a HELL. And I decided not to stay there anymore.

By the way I have decided not to lock on Edmonton market and visited Calgary for interviews. I have arranged my interviews myself. In advance agreed with several recruiting companies known in the market. I have visited 5 interviews in two days. I have stayed at my old friend, known as Ali Bey for a night. His full name is Alinaghi Asghari. Why I am writing his full name, because he is a GREAT MAN!!! He affected my life always only from positive side. If you ask me who is most wisdom person among your friends, definitely the answer will be Ali. I really price him as a valuable friend and almost elder brother. Here is his picture, so remember this face, this the face of a GOOD MAN:
Alinaghi Asghari
Ali's son Rodin
Let's go back to my trip as I will not be able to cover Ali's personality by my poor English...

As I already noticed before my most favorite blogger mmw lives in Calgary. I had a chance to meet with him when he traveled to Edmonton last year. Therefore, I decided to meet with him during my trip. He invited me to his office and during our discussion he noticed that he also needs an accountant at his team. By the way he is CFO at Rigstar Communications Inc. Here is his picture at his office:
Michael Maltsev, also known as mmw
But we were not able to agree due to financial issues. However, he promised to think on this and come back to me next weeks. After couple of weeks he called me and invited for second interview to Calgary. As you may be know he offered me an accounting position at their company and I have accepted the offer. So, I am currently employed as an accountant at Rigstar Communications Inc. It is a permanent position with three months probation period.

But there was a main issue, the position is located in Calgary, me and my family settled in Edmonton. So, the next aim was moving to Calgary, but it is a topic for the next post... 

4 comments:

  1. О, поздравляю! :) Вот и соберутся все бакинцы в Калгари! :) Отличный выбор! А главное - работать в команде с Михаилом!
    Удачи и успехов на новом месте! :)

    п.с. если понадобится помощник - телеграфируйте (мы уже тоже почти на чемоданах :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for the offer. I will let you know if we need someone. Waiting for you in Calgary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael Maltsev, also known as mmw - :))) Also known as a Mr. Smile...

    ReplyDelete