Monday, February 27, 2012

Reporting for last two months - Part 1

It was long time I have not write anything in my blog. Our life is set down and we try to benefit from every minute of our life in this wonderful country. I started swimming again. Swimming 4-5 times per week, during my lunch break. Thanks to my colleague Tamas, who helped me to remember my old swimming habits. By the way he is professional swimmer. My usual working days are quite similar, starting at 8 am, swimming during lunch break, back to home at 5 pm, TV, googling, reading and sleeping. And next day same circle... However, during week-ends I do lots of things. Now I will try to keep order:

Skiing

Tried to ski at Rabbit Hills Ski Resort. It was my first and may be last experience. As I am conservative person, I could not accept lifestyle where lots of risks. Yes, this sport is risky. But it is not acceptable to live in Canada and never ski. So, with assistance of my friend, Farhad's colleague Ali I tried to ski on December 28, 2011. Ali is quite nice person and he tried to teach me how to ski. However, my long legs do not allow me to stand properly on skies. I fell down several times. Finally I decided that it is not my sport. As a result of the skiing I had pain in my knees which was an issue for my swimming. Below some unsuccessful pictures from unsuccessful skiing:





Ice fishing

I love fishing. My love started during our visit to Istanbul in 2007. I purchased fishing spinning at that time and started fishing in Azerbaijan. But my lifestyle there does not allow me to fish often. Here I met Rovshan whom I know from forum disput.az. With my friend Farhad he helped me a lot in our settlement here. I have also discovered that he loves fishing, too. And he is more experienced in fishing rather than me. Therefore, we decided to visit Pigeon Lake for ice fishing. To be honestly ice fishing was new for both of us. We have never had ice in Azerbaijan... 
So after purchasing gears and licensing required for ice-fishing we visited the lake on January 7, 2012. Our first attempt was unsuccessful, we could not catch anything. But second time was better and I caught a pike. Probably I will continue fishing here. There are lots of options here. And some pictures from our adventure:

Our way to Pigeon Lake

Making hole on ice

Fishing...
 And the result
Rovshan was bitten by the pike.

And my "tank" ice.
By the way it was my first time when I was driving on ice...

To be continued...



4 comments:

  1. Очень приятно читать что у Вашей семьи все складывается хорошо в Канаде :) Вы молодец, что так с пользой проводите время! А как Ваши детки адаптировались? Не болели?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My kids are OK. They have not been sick. However, my son was very noisy first month. He used to play with grandpas, cousins and other his relatives in Azerbaijan. Here, due to winter he locked in the apartment... So, first days was difficult for him...

      Delete
  2. Hi, Kuzmich!
    It was interesting to read about your new lifestyle! My first experience on the ski was same, but after 2 hours of repetion the downhill was amaizing and I want to try it some day again.
    Pike's caviar in February is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, too. But, as I am swimming I do not need pain in my knees... Therefore, my friends are skiing without me.
      Pike was really wonderful!

      Delete